Netafim Irrigation Unitechline Drip Pipe
Drip irrigation is the most efficient method of irrigating. While sprinkler systems are around 75-85% efficient, drip systems typically are 90% or higher. What that means is much less wasted water! But Netafim drip irrigation has other benefits which make it useful almost anywhere. It is easy to install, easy to design, can be very inexpensive, and can reduce disease problems associated with high levels of moisture on some plants.
Drip irrigation (sometimes called trickle irrigation) works by applying water slowly, directly to the soil. The high efficiency of drip irrigation results from two primary factors. The first is that the water soaks into the soil before it can evaporate or run off. The second is that the water is only applied where it is needed, (at the plant’s roots) rather than sprayed everywhere. While drip systems are simple and pretty forgiving of errors in design and installation, there are some guidelines that if followed, will make for a much better drip system. The purpose of this tutorial is to guide you toward materials and methods that will increase the benefits of your new drip system, while steering you away from some common misconceptions and practices that can cause you trouble.
Netafim Irrigation Unitechline Drip is used by farms, commercial greenhouses, and residential gardeners.
Garden drip irrigation kits are increasingly popular for the homeowner and consist of a timer, hose and emitter. Hoses that are 4 mm in diameter are used to irrigate flower pots.
The advantages of Netafim Irrigation Unitechline drip are:
- Minimized fertiliser/nutrient loss due to localized application and reduced leaching.
- High water application efficiency.
- Levelling of the field not necessary.
- Ability to irrigate irregular shaped fields.
- Allows safe use of recycled water.
- Moisture within the root zone can be maintained at field capacity.
- Soil type plays less important role in frequency of irrigation.
- Minimized soil erosion.
- Highly uniform distribution of water i.e., controlled by output of each nozzle.
- Lower labour cost.
- Variation in supply can be regulated by regulating the valves and drippers.
- Fertigation can easily be included with minimal waste of fertilisers.
- Foliage remains dry thus reducing the risk of disease.
- Usually operated at lower pressure than other types of pressurised irrigation, reducing energy costs.
Advantages and Benefits Of Netafim Irrigation Unitechline Drip Pipe
In this time of water and resource conservation, Netafim drip irrigation makes sense. It is generally less expensive to install than conventional subsurface PVC systems and uses much less water.
Water Conservation – Drip irrigation allows you an efficient watering by supplying water where it is needed – at the very roots of the plants. As a result, water is not wasted on leaves or soil. This significantly reduces the chances for evaporation and run off. Both are common with traditional irrigation systems where the water is often supplied at a rate greater than the soil can absorb it.
Reduce Weed Growth – When water is applied using a conventional sprinkler, everything gets wet. Since drip irrigation applies water to the root zone of your plants, the spaces in between plants remain dry. This greatly inhibits weed seed germination. If the soil remains dry, most seeds will not germinate. Landscape maintenance takes less time with drip irrigation.
Reduce Plant Stress – When plants get deep, consistent watering, they thrive. Inefficient, shallow watering can contribute to plant stress. Promote healthy growth and disease resistance plants in your garden with drip.
Extremely Flexible Application – You have many options with drip irrigation tubing, fittings, and emitters. It is a versatile watering system which can easily be installed on hillsides or flat terrains. Drip is the perfect irrigation method for oddly shaped landscapes and windy areas. Existing sprinkler systems can be retrofit with drip irrigation with very little effort.
Save Money – Once a drip irrigation system is installed, you will use less water to irrigate. If you are on a well, you will notice a severe drop in your pumping costs. You will no longer need to hand watering your garden. Automate you system with an irrigation controller and eliminate the need to pay someone to while are on vacation. With the reduction of plant disease and unwanted weeds, your gardening labour and maintenance costs will also drop considerably.
Netafim Irrigation Unitechline Drip Irrigation Applications
On-surface and sub-surface installations of long lines (due to low local head loss coefficient).
- Areas subject to vandalism.
- Recommended for on-surface & sub-surface projects following strict specifications.
- Intersections, highways and traffic islands.
- Slopes and high wind areas.
- At grade windows.
- Where sprinklers could cause a tripping hazard.
- Turf and sports-turf, shrubs, trees.
- Tennis courts.
Check out our Netafim Irrigation Unitechline Drip pipe in our Online Shop